Cañon Lodge Care Center is located in scenic Cañon City, the county seat and most populous city of Fremont County. It is a popular tourist area, featuring sightseeing, whitewater rafting and rock climbing along the Arkansas River. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Official Visitor Guide to the Royal Gorge Region provides tourist and visitor information for the Royal Gorge and Cañon City area.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park features the famous Royal Gorge Bridge, the tallest suspension bridge in the United States.
- The Royal Gorge Route Railroad is a passenger railroad that operates trains through Colorado’s Royal Gorge and offers first-class food and service.
- Royal Gorge Rafting and Zip Line Tours is one of many companies offering whitewater rafting down the Arkansas River. They also offer two world class zip line tours.
- If more unusual recreation is your interest, The Museum of Colorado Prisons may be more to your liking. Housed in a former women’s state prison, the museum was established to collect, preserve, conserve, exhibit and interpret the historical heritage of the Colorado Prison System.